College of Management
College of Management
Unit:College of Management      Posting Date:2011-11-25  

Post to Twitter Post to Facebook  Post to Plurk    

Introduction
        The College of Management was established in 1997. The college is comprised of the Department of Business Administration, the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, the Department of Information Management, the Department of Finance, the Department of Accounting, the Undergraduate Degree Program of International Project Management, and other business-management related departments. In order to foster business-management professionals, the College provides an education at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Presently, 56% of the College’s students are undergraduates, while the remaining 44% are postgraduates.

Vision
        The College of Management at YunTech is an accomplished learner-centered academy, contributing leading-edge teaching and applied practical training to students in Taiwan and neighboring countries in the Asia-Pacific Region.

Educational Mission
        Focusing on Taiwan and neighboring countries in the Asia-Pacific Region, the mission of the College of Management at YunTech is to develop students into professionals who have the ability to integrate knowledge from different fields and perspectives, and who can demonstrate the highest standards in adherence to universally accepted ethics and their own profession’s ethics. These initials of these three key words--Professionals, Integration, and Ethics--can be abbreviated as the acronym PIE. We are devoted to providing a learning atmosphere that integrates general and commercial knowledge, management theory, ethics, and practical application.

Core Values
        Exemplified by the third letter of the Greek alphabet, π (pi)  or the acronym PIE, the core values of the educational mission can be briefly described as follows:
1. P – Professional Development
The College of Management is committed to ensuring its students have general business competencies and the professional competencies required by their field.
2. I – Integration
The College is committed to ensuring that its students have the ability to integrate knowledge from different disciplines and perspectives.
3. E – Ethics
The College is committed to ensuring that its students demonstrate excellence in their adherence to universally accepted ethics and professional ethics, facilitating integrity in workplace practices that also take into account community service and environmental care.

Faculty
        The College of Management has 83 full-time faculty members. This number comprises 32 full professors (38.55%), 31 associate professors (37.35%), 18 assistant professors (32.69%), and 2 lecturers (2.41%). Of these faculty members, 81 (97.59%) have a Ph.D. degree and 2 have a Master’s degree (2.41%). Several of these degrees were achieved abroad, in countries such as the USA, the UK, Japan, Korea, Germany, the Philippines, and more.

Developmental Direction
        The College of Management adheres to the developmental expectations of YunTech in its commitment to transform itself into an international college that is realistic, interdisciplinary, globally oriented, humanistic, and technologically advanced, providing professional education at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.

 

    Last Updated ( 2016-09-13 )